[Axiom-mail] Re: Samples

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: Samples
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:14:19 -0500

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:09:57 -0500 Tim Daly
<address@hidden> wrote:

> In a standard NAG installation all of the algebra source
> code sits in /usr/local/axiom/src/algebra. You could look
> at the dhmatrix.spad file which defines Denavitt-
> Hartenburg matrices. These are 4x4 matrices for
> translations and rotations.
>
> Also in a standard NAG installation all of the test code
> sits in /usr/local/axiom/src/input. These are test cases
> for the algebra code. Look at src/input/bouquet.spad.
> This defines some really simple user level functions.

Tim, are these files generally available?

As it turns out, I do have these files from the old NAG
demo disk for which I do not have a usable current license
but I can at least read the code. Are you intending to
put them into cvs soon for others to read? Bertfried is
interested, would there be any licensing issues if I
were to send him (or anyone else who asks) a copy by
email attachment?

> > c) Could someone provide a list of reference
> > application and put it on the AXIOM web-site, this
> > would be of tremendous help (for me :)
>
> Reference applications? Aldor is the most likely
> candidate for reference applications. Axiom isn't
> designed to embed in other applications.
> Manuel Bronstein
>  <www-sop.inria.fr/cafe/Manuel.Bronstein/libaldor>
> and Niklaus Mannhart
>  <www.int.ethz.ch/personal/mannhart>
> have done some very nice work with Aldor.

The correct url is

  http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/mannhart/

> Alternatively you can check out Aldor's home page
> (www.aldor.org), in particular the projects link.

Regards,
Bill Page.