[Axiom-mail] all sorts of proof and complexity

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-mail] all sorts of proof and complexity
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:20:06 -0500

It occurs to me that while I'm doing this preliminary look at the
proof problem that I can attack Axiom's algorithms on the complexity
front with the same divide and conquer techniques. Once the sort
routines have been isolated and identified it should be possible to
look at their complexity especially since the complexity of sorts
has been well studied. This was triggered by the discovery of two
bubble-sort implementations in the system.

I also need to annotate the sorts with statements about the stability
of the sort. Which leads to the question of what other "properties"
could other algorithms have?

Tim