autoconf-maintainers

Re: /run and needing a --rundir for configure

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: /run and needing a --rundir for configure
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 13:43:23 +0100

Sorry for the delay.

On 09/06/2013 11:44 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

>      eblake> hence my proposed wording patch to make-stds.texi
>
> Ah, I see now.  Looks generally fine.  Thanks.
>
>      Automake would also need a tweak to add run_DATA alongside its
>      existing localstate_DATA primary.
>
> Stefano?  (See other msgs for background.)

If you all agree this is good, I don't see any problem with this change.

(But I'm not sure when I'll look into writing an actual patch for Automake
though; if anyone wants to got for it, patches are always welcome).

> (I feel sure that rms will be much happier if you, ie, "automake
> maintainers", have explicitly said you're ok with the change.  Will
> explicitly cc you this time in case your bug-standards mail is getting
> filed ...)

As I see it, this is more of an GCS- and Autoconf- related change that
requires a follow-up change to Automake.  So, if the autoconf guys are
OK with it, I am too.

Thanks,
  Stefano