autoconf-maintainers

Re: Contributor to Autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Contributor to Autoconf
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:32:28 +0200

| [I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.  I see
| I did not specifically ask you to respond to me, so perhaps you have
| taken care of this and didn't think it was necessary to tell me.  But
| I would like to know that this has been handled.  Would you please
| tell me if you have handled it?]
|
| A contributor to Autoconf wrote to our clerk asking for papers
| in a way that shows that our standard procedure is not being followed.
| You as maintainers are supposed to tell him what sort of papers to use,
| and send him the proper request-* file, so he can send his answers
| to the clerk straightaway.
|
| This is all explained in maintain.texi.  Would you please read that
| part of the file, and send Ilya the right file of questions?

Hi!

Indeed, I had not answered to this message, since it was clear that
the procedure went back in order.  I would like to suggest that a web
page be written especially for people like Ilya, since I don't have
more time to spend on this issue than Jessica.

Having the request-* file also depends on having an access to the GNU
machine, which is still not my case.

So yes, the case is closed, but please, let's make everybody's life
easier.

PS/  Please, use the address address@hidden