auctex

[AUCTeX] Loading beamer.el style file (Was: font-locking problem)

From: Greg Bognar
Subject: [AUCTeX] Loading beamer.el style file (Was: font-locking problem)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:49:09 +0100

I'd like to follow up on this.  I have looked into the package "beamerswitch",
which does what I was trying to do (generate slides, handouts, notes, etc. from
one source file).  However, it has the same problem with font-locking, due to
beamer.el not being loaded.  In this case, C-c C-n does not help either, since
the documentclass is beamerswitch, not beamer.

So, feature request: couldn't both \documentclass{beamerswitch} and
\usepackage{beamerarticle} load beamer.el?  I can see no reason they shouldn't.

Alternatively, is there a user option I could set so that when I open a file
with \documentclass{beamerswitch} or \usepackage{beamerarticle}, beamer.el is
loaded?

Thanks!