auctex

Re: [AUCTeX] Easylist with auctex

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Easylist with auctex
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 21:13:40 +0100

Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to use the easylist package with auctex. Easylist is a
> enumerate/itemize like environment with the following structure
>
> \begin{easylist}
> # Item 1
> ## Item 2
> ### Item 3
> # Item 4
> \end{easylist}
>
> I could sucessfully register the env with
>
> (TeX-add-style-hook
>  "latex"
>  (lambda ()
>    (LaTeX-add-environments
>     '("easylist" LaTeX-env-item))))
>
> but I was not sucessfull registering “#/##/###…” as \items. How can I
> register #
> as \items to get the right indention/formatting/filling in the
> environment?

Hi Thorsten,

the usual way to introduce new \item-like macros to AUCTeX is to add
them to the variable `LaTeX-item-regexp'.  The fun part is that AUCTeX
always adds a `(regexp-quote TeX-esc)' to the places where this variable
is used.  To answer your question, I don't see an easy way to add single
characters without a backslash to AUCTeX without some
hacking/overwriting/advising of internal functions.

If want to give a roll, search for `LaTeX-item-regexp' in latex.el.

Best, Arash