auctex

Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclas

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Set automatically TeX-PDF-from-DVI variable if documentclass receives option dvipdfmx or dvipdfm
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:36:17 +0100

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

>> While we're at it: I think I found some unnecessary parentheses in the
>> option management of geometry.el and graphicx.el which I removed[1].
>> Please feel free to revert the patch if I'm missing something.
>
> Oh, sorry for overlooking this!  Thank you very much.

Hi Keita,

sure, you're welcome.  I stumbled over it as I was looking at the
compiler warnings after rebuilding AUCTeX.  From the ones issued by the
style files, I think 90% can be avoided by adding these lines to the
relevant styles:

    (declare-function font-latex-add-keywords
                      "font-latex"
                      (keywords class))

Another 5% by these lines:

    (defvar font-latex-syntactic-keywords-extra)
    (declare-function font-latex-update-font-lock
                      "font-latex"
                      (&optional syntactic-kws))

WDYT, is it worth the effort?  (No, I'm not asking you to do it ;-)

Best, Arash