auctex-devel

Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:19:11 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> I just wanted to say that I'll have a look about making the build
> succeed in the absence of git or when running it not in a normal git
> clone when I find some spare time.

Thanks Tassilo.  One other issue Uwe brought up was that
`loaddefs-generate' isn't available for Emacs<29.  So we have to cater
for that as well.  This is basically this change to Makefile.in in the
master branch:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/Makefile.in?id=19a2607b

AFAIU, using `update-file-autoloads' again means keeping track of all
AUCTeX files in the new GNUmakefile, or is there a better solution?

Best, Arash