auctex-devel

Re: compilation using git needs 10 minutes and fails

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: compilation using git needs 10 minutes and fails
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:43:55 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> This is one reason why you can't compile the current main branch.  This
> doesn't explain the error:

>   fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

> I suspect this has something to do with your Git-Mercurial
> setup/workflow.  But let sort things out one after the other, Ok?

> My understanding is that you're sticking to that Emacs 29.0.50 version
> because of your BBDB setup.  If so, you can stick with that and wait
> until we have a solution for older Emacs as well.  AUCTeX claims to
> support Emacs≥27, so we can't only stay with `loaddefs-generate-batch'.

> So in short, be a little patient :-)

Right, and may I mention that the idea of having the old «make» and a new
«make elpa», could solve this issue.

> Side note: I recommend you try to resolve this situation somehow.  Emacs
> current release is 29.3.  Sitting on an old dev-version is not really
> satisfactory, IMHO.

I know, once the semester is finished I have also to upgrade my Ubuntu
version, which will also be a medium sized nightmare.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.