auctex-devel

Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 18:32:21 +0900

> Hi Arash,
>> I knew you would understand me ;-) Can you do me a favor please and have
>> a look at the code I posted?  I'm not sure how (XeLaTeX/)Dvipdfmx works
>> in .dvi mode, I think you have more experience in that area.  I'd
>> appreciate if you can give a me hint where to put that stuff.  I took
>> the conditional from our style/graphicx.el.

> I don't use latexmk either, but I expect that an article[1] posted in
> Japanese TeX users community would provide some insights about dvipdfmx
> usage for us. I'll take a look tomorrow.

> [1] https://texwiki.texjp.org/?AUCTeX

I expect the attached patch basically works. It still has shortcomings:
1. It uses single quote to prevent variable expansion of '$dvipdf' in
   the shell command line. However, it doesn't work for windows.
2. After C-c C-c LaTeXMK, in dvi+dvips case, C-c C-c View offers xdvi,
   not postscript viewer, as default candidate. Similarly, in
   dvi+dvipdfmx case, C-c C-c offers Dvipdfmx, not View, as default
   candidate.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine