auctex-devel

Re: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:14:00 +0100

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash,

>> ## Recent NEWS:
>>
>> [Not provided 🙁]
>
> thanks for making this release.

You're welcome.

> Do you know by chance how the Recent News section is generated?

I've just looked.  It uses a NEWS file but I could also specify an entry
:news "CHANGES" so that our CHANGES file is shown there.  But I'm not
sure if that's generated on ELPA...

BTW, I've had some conversation with Stefan Monnier.  It seems like most
of not all issues that required us to maintain a separate ELPA branch
with files committed that are generated on the master branch are
resolved.  So maybe (with some slight changes) we can soon start making
ELPA releases from master.

My plan is to bring that up on auctex-devel once 14.0.x has somewhat
stabilized.

Bye,
Tassilo