auctex-devel

Re: AUCTeX 14.0.0 in ELPA

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 14.0.0 in ELPA
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 21:36:37 +0100

Hi Jürgen,

Juergen Fenn <jfenn@gmx.net> writes:

> I would like to thank you for encouraging me to try it again.

Thank you for following the encouragement ;-)

> I used package.el for removing the old version and to install the new
> one, and it worked out well:

Great, thanks for reporting back.

> However, I would like to second Michael Heerdegen's piece of advice
> for future versions. It would make things so much easier.

Point taken, and trust me that we don't do this kind of stuff just for
the fun of it.  But for this release, we decided to change some
internals in order to get rid of some other ancient stuff.  I hope you
and others bear with us and rest assured that we don't plan to repeat
this exercise in near future :-)

Best, Arash