auctex-devel

Re: Feature request: style file for `standalone` class

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Feature request: style file for `standalone` class
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:59:17 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo Stein <leo.stein@gmail.com> writes:

> Firstly, thank you for my most-used emacs major mode! My basic elisp
> skills mean I don't know how to do the following. I'd like to create a
> style file for using the `standalone` class with one most important
> feature, described below. First of all, there is both a standalone
> package and a standalone class, and these should be treated
> differently. Most package and class macros and options are easy to
> handle. The one that I don't see how to handle is the standalone
> class's option named `class`, e.g.
>
>  \documentclass[class=revtex4-2]{standalone}
>
> which instructs the standalone class to load the revtex4-2 class (or
> any other) when compiling the document. Is it possible for an AUCTeX
> style for the standalone class to parse out the value passed to
> `class=`, and then run `TeX-run-style-hooks` for the named class?

I once started working on a standalone.el.  One issue is there are
standalone.sty and standalone.cls: Since AUCTeX doesn't make a
difference here, we have to put all the code inside a single
standalone.el and add some conditionals there to find out what is
loaded.  And this was another issue inside latex.el which we have
address first and I didn't want to do before our last release.  Maybe
it's time pick this up again.  Are you willing to test the package if I
manage to code it?  The bare skeleton is attached.

Best, Arash