auctex-devel

Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 15:43:03 +0900

> (I infer that `xref-find-references' doesn't work in cperl-mode if it is
> redirected from perl-mode by `major-mode-remap-alist', not altering
> `auto-mode-alist'.)

First, this inference of mine wasn't right because
`semantic-symref-filepattern-alist' has the following entry:
    (cperl-mode "*.pl" "*.PL")

>> I suppose that we can work around this issue if
>> `semantic-symref-derive-find-filepatterns' is modified to look into
>> `major-mode-remap-alist' in emacs 29 and later.  However, I don't see
>> clean solution for emacs<29.

> Advise `semantic-symref-derive-find-filepatterns` so that if major mode
> is `LaTeX-mode` is looks for both `LaTeX-mode` and `latex-mode`?

I had the same idea, but most practical solution would be to add an
entry like this to `semantic-symref-filepattern-alist' in
feature/fix-mode-names-overlap branch:
    (LaTeX-mode "*.ltx" "*.sty" "*.cls" "*.clo" "*.bbl")

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine