aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Comment mode not working

From: Richard Ulmer
Subject: [Aspell-user] Comment mode not working
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:52:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I was trying to use aspell for Perl code, but it seems to be broken. I am
running `aspell --mode perl check test.pl`, where test.pl looks like this:
```
# Greeet the user:
print "Hello, wrold!"
```

I get the chance to correct "wrold", but "Greeet" was skipped. Using the
"comment" mode doesn't work either.

The "ccpp" mode, for example, works as expected. It seems to me like this line
in the `perl.amf` file is not working:
`OPTION add-context-delimiters \# \0`

My aspell version is "@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really
Aspell 0.60.7-20110707)". I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.

Has anyone successfully used the Perl mode recently, or is this a known bug?

Greetings,
Richard Ulmer