ampu-dev

Re: [Ampu-dev] Great News!

From: alfred . differ
Subject: Re: [Ampu-dev] Great News!
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:49:36 -0500

I think a web based UI is the only realistic way to go.  There are lots of
ways to do that, but I would stick to an 'in-the-browser' approach unless
we get constrained in ways we don't like.

My experience with early prototypes is that they can help enormously in
defining what the team is actually trying to build.  They also can trap the
design of the application a bit, so the developers have to be prepared to
throw away some of their hard work when a better design demands it.  At my
day job, I get to throw away about 30% of my work as designs shift.  It is
well worth it.

I personally am more experienced at Java than PHP, but it makes no sense to
restrict the solution space to a particular set of skills.  I've looked in
on PHP and I like the way it is set up and made ready for hooks into
databases.  Let's stick with a scripting approach for now and see what
happens.

-al