alsa-xmms-user

[Alsa-xmms-user] Permission problem

From: Reg
Subject: [Alsa-xmms-user] Permission problem
Date: 20 Jul 2003 21:57:37 -0500

Greetings,

I've recently installed alsa on my debian sid machine.  I've also
installed the alsa-xmms and it's working great as long as I'm logged in
as root.

As any other user I get:
"error opening alsa device:  Permission denied"

I've added my user to the audio group and added world readable/writable
to the /dev/dsp* /dev/mixer* and /dev/midi* devices.  No change.

Anybody know what I'm missing?  Which device is the error message
referring to?

Advance thanks as always.