adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Fwd: more mushrooms...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Fwd: more mushrooms...
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:55:21 +0200

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've made more mushrooms. As usual, the various surfaces and outlines are
> on separate layers, so by re-colouring them I can produce different kinds of
> mushrooms.

Neat :-).

Are mushrooms something that might be picked up eventually? Used as
reagent or quest item. In that case, it would be cool to have a
higher-res icon for each type of mushroom too.

> I made a start on a fancy new grass texture too. My plan is to utilise the
> pseudo-3D-ness of the engine to have vertical layers of grass. Hopefully
> this will make it look like your character is actually walking *through*
> grass rather than floating across the top of it.

Yes, that's the plan :-). It will not work at present, but I plan to
sneak it into the new map view implementation, so it will be available
for alpha 3.

Kai