adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] height levels

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] height levels
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 21:21:48 +0200

On Fri, 03 May 2002 19:11:59 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> I have a few questions about the new height level thing on mapobjects:
>
> Do you specify a height/ z-offset (or whatever it was called) for
> whole mapobjects or is there something like a height-map file which
> determines how high the individual pixels of a mapobject are?

It's for the whole mapobject.

> Food for thought, I guess. For now I'll just improve the look of those
> gfx...

Poor Alex :). One idea I could offer it to divide a mapobject into
'zones'. Say 5x5 or 10x10 sub-tiles that can have a different height
each. That wouldn't be as accurate as a height map, but less CPU
expensive and probably sufficient. But still a bitch to program, I'd
say.

Of course, the easiest thing would be cutting the graphics into small
pieces - at least for us programmers ;).

Kai