adonthell-artwork

Antw: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character description

From: Andreas Dombrowsky
Subject: Antw: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character description
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:22:47 +0100

Nah, just a gifted amateur. I *do* like to do detailed descriptions once I have
an idea who the character is, though - I like to offset my lack of skill in
doing graphical work with making people able to visualize what kind of person I
have in mind, and hope I am not failing too badly at that.

~Andreas "Andi" Dombrowsky

Kai Sterker wrote:

> [...]
> very practical clothes in a matter of a few minutes. Even when not actually
> fixed by those bands, her tops tend to cling closely to her body, however,
> outlining the soft curves of her hips and waist and highlighting her
> perfectly shaped, if somewhat petite bosom - but then, they're Lunaire-sized:
> they might be small on a taller woman, but suit her perfectly well. When on
> the road, her clothing becomes even more of a disguise, her skirts actually
> consisting of smooth overlapping bands hanging from her belt and concealing
> semi-tight, comfortable traveling pants and her tops being tied together to
> sit by default.
>
>       History/Notes
>       An orphan like her sister Solana, Lunaire grew up to a life of
> getting by using all her talents. While her sister was more studiously
> inclined and finally apprenticed herself to an aging wizard, Lunaire
> remained on the streets, although she was talented enough to syphon a lot of
> skills from her sister. However, she did never appreciate how much of a
> burglar her sister remained, until one morning, she was told that the
> infamous Cat's Paw had committed her last burgle - Solana's body had been
> found under a window, the room having been looted by the thief they only
> called the Cat's Paw because of her light step, and the goods found on
> her now-dead sister. Lunaire doesn't remember exactly how she tried to
> extinguish her grief, but certain physical evidence points to more having
> spent a lot of the time in company. Having gotten over that episode (more
> or less - some things can never be regained), the young thief decided to
> move on in life, determined to make her sister proud of her, whereever she
> might be now - decidedly more proud than that episode of trying to bury her
> grief under sexual pleasure must have made Solana's spirit. Knowing how
> much pleasure Solana took in her studies, Lunaire used the money from her
> nightly excursions to finance studies into arcane knowledge, ancient
> languages, and all sorts of tricks to circumvent or even reset mechanical
> and magical traps guarding whatever mundane and magical treasure locations
> she might find in her studies... Lunaire is first and foremost a thief,
> contrary to her sister, who was both equally, sage and scoundrel. To defend
> herself, she learned to shoot a crossbow, electing to use the heavy
> kind in order to compensate her lacking strength and skill at arms with
> using a ranged weapon that only needs one shot to kill most creatures, if
> aimed properly. Realizing one shot would be the most she could get, she
> began to delve into anatomy as well, hoping to learn where, exactly, to put
> the bolt. And she started to wander, no longer limiting her forays to just
> one city...
>
> _________
>
> Guess it needs not be *that* detailed, but I think a good impression of
> the character's nature might help with the artwork.

I'll leave Ben to comment if it helps with his gfx, but ndreas seems
like a very competent writer!

                -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821